Volunteers play an essential role at Alpha Home. The assistance our volunteers give multiplies our ability to provide services to our clients. We welcome individuals, organizations, church groups, and companies to join us.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- House sitters: Chaperone clients and answer phones while House Management staff attend mandatory training and meetings.
- Visitation attendants: Assist with check-in during family visitation hours.
- Receptionist and file clerks: Answer phones and assist with filing.
- Grounds beautification: Help keep our garden and patio areas neat and tidy, including raking and sweeping.
- Painting: Help keep our rooms and facilities in good shape by taking part in a variety of painting projects.
- Food Bank delivery assistants: Help with picking up food bank donations and delivering them to Alpha Home.
Alpha Home has been blessed with many projects that companies, organizations, and college and church groups have accomplished, including painting, landscaping, and building maintenance.
Recent group projects include:
- Volunteers from the Young Men’s Service League landscaped the Mulberry house and the Ruble.
- Volunteers from Coca Cola painted bedrooms, outside doors and hallways at our Mulberry residence.
- Volunteers from the Christian Business Chamber of Commerce painted playground equipment, cleaned up the playground, and gave the front entrance a fresh look.
- The Zachry Holdings team painted several bedrooms and hallways various Alpha Home residences.
- Volunteers from the Transportation Workers Union cleaned up the Mulberry and Carleton grounds .
- Volunteers from Glazer’s landscaped the area in front of the Ruble entrance with new plants, stepping stone, and mulch.
For more information on volunteering, please call (210) 735-3822.