Volunteers play an essential role at Alpha Home. The assistance our volunteers give multiplies our ability to provide services to our clients. We welcome individuals, organizations, church groups, and companies to join us.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Direct care: Supervising clients and answering phones while Direct Care staff attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Receptionist and file clerks: Answering phones, filing, laminating, shredding and other clerical duties.
- Grounds maintenance: Assist with beautification of grounds and support maintenance coordinator as needed.
- Donation drives: Alpha Home has an ongoing need for toiletry items. Please contact us if you would like to organize a donation drive to help with our daily needs.
- Macy’s Clothing Closet: Sort through and organize donated clothing/assist clients with clothing needs.
Alpha Home has been blessed with many projects that companies, organizations, and college and church groups have accomplished, including painting, landscaping, and building maintenance.
Recent group projects include:
Volunteers from the Young Men’s Service League landscaped the Mulberry house and the Ruble.
Volunteers from Coca Cola painted bedrooms, outside doors and hallways at our Mulberry residence.
Volunteers from the Christian Business Chamber of Commerce painted playground equipment, cleaned up the playground, and gave the front entrance a fresh look.
The Zachry Holdings team painted several bedrooms and hallways various Alpha Home residences.
Volunteers from the Transportation Workers Union cleaned up the Mulberry and Carleton grounds .
Volunteers from Glazer’s landscaped the area in front of the Ruble entrance with new plants, stepping stone, and mulch.
For more information on volunteering, please call (210) 735-3822.
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”true”]