Custodian & Groundskeeper
Full-time, hourly non-exempt position
Purpose: The purpose of this job is to provide custodial and light maintenance services primarily for the Ruble Center, also some custodial services for other areas of the facility.
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Light maintenance experience required.
• If in recovery, free from alcohol and drug use for two years.
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check, employment background check, reference check, and urinalysis drug screen.
• Must be motivated to work in multi-cultural environment serving the criminal justice client.
• Must maintain a high ethical standing within the community.
• If an alumna of agency program, must be out of treatment for at least two years.
• Must abide by agency code of ethics.
• Must have valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Be able to bend and stoop as needed to perform necessary tasks.
• Maintain daily, weekly, monthly task checklist at Ruble Center and other areas.
• Act as support staff to assist counselors and direct care staff for security and evening child care.
• Help oversee nighttime activities with regard to people in and outside of Ruble Center after normal business hours.
• Act as liaison with Trinity Baptist Church and outside maintenance contractors regarding physical plant, grounds, utilities and equipment of Ruble Center.
• Perform periodic and unscheduled maintenance and inspection of facility utilities and equipment as necessary.
• Work with COO and operations team to ensure compliance with all regulations and ordinances concerning building, grounds and utilities.
• Check Ruble Center Activity Calendar daily and have rooms set up and ready in advance for all scheduled activities.
• Work closely with Operations Associate to ensure necessary janitorial supplies and inventory are maintained.
• Perform activities to keep facilities and grounds well kept, clean and in efficient working order.
• Perform yard maintenance at Ruble Center.
• Assist Maintenance Coordinator with maintenance tasks that require two people to complete.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org